Protected areas of American Samoa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of protected areas of American Samoa.
|Area name||Type||Year Established||Photo|
|National Marine Sanctuary of American Samoa
(formerly Fagatele Bay National Marine Sanctuary)
|National Marine Sanctuary||1986|
|National Park of American Samoa||National Park||October 31, 1988|
|Rose Atoll National Wildlife Refuge||National Wildlife Refuge||1973|
|Rose Atoll Marine National Monument||Marine National Monument||2009|
Local marine protected areas
- Alofau Village Marine Protected Area
- Amaua and Auto Village Marine Protected Area
- Fagamalo Village Marine Protected Area
- Masausi Village Marine Protected Area
- Matuu and Faganeanea Village Marine Protected Area
- Poloa Village Marine Protected Area
- Vatia Village Marine Protected Area
- https://americansamoa.noaa.gov/ National Marine Sanctuary of American Samoa. NOAA.gov. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- http://www.nps.gov/npsa/ National Park of American Samoa. Nps.gov. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/Region_1/NWRS/Zone_1/Pacific_Reefs_Complex/Rose_Atoll/Home/Promos/Rose%20Atoll%20NWR%20Info.pdf Rose Atoll National Wildlife Refuge. U.S. Fish and Wildlife. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2010/12/27/2010-32368/nomination-of-existing-marine-protected-areas-to-the-national-system-of-marine-protected-areas Federalregister.gov. Nomination of Existing Marine Protected Areas to the National System of Marine Protected Areas. Retrieved 1 January 2018.